All-inclusive total-immersion on-camera workshop.
Headed by IT New York founders Robert Castle and Alejandra Orozco, we will also be joined by award-winning filmmaker Kirsten Russell from New York and globally-active producer Jay Mohnen from Los Angeles. As an added benefit, we have invited the professional Cordon Bleu chef, DarkoRamljak, who will be cooking healthy and seasonal dishes for the participants every day. Together, we wish to offer the most intensive, comprehensive, and rewarding experience in screen-acting workshops available today.
During your stay, you will be collaborating with one scene partner on a scene chosen especially for you. This will be rehearsed and filmed throughout your workshop training. Guided by award-winning directors and actors Robert Castle and Alejandra Orozco, and by our team of filmmakers, who will share their expertise and techniques for screen acting, you will fine-tune your skills in front of the camera, learn to cope with the challenges of acting on set, and get familiar with the workings of a professional film crew. Remaining emotionally pure and open in your work has always been the goal of the IT New York training method, even under the stresses of a shoot. Throughout this workshop, these skills will be developed and tested, closely simulating the experience of acting for contemporary film or television projects. The raw footage will be screened at the end of each day and will be used for training purposes during the workshop. Naturally, all participants will have the option to keep a copy of their own scene footage to include in their acting reels.
INFORMATION IN BRIEF
• Workshop duration: 10 nights, 9 full days (with one day off to work with your scene partner)
• Maximum number of participants: 16 (see registration details below)
• Meals: the workshop fee includes full room and board (accommodations plus breakfast, lunch, dinner). Please contact us if you have questions about special dietary needs. These should also be mentioned in the registration form
• Accommodations: participants will be housed in double rooms (two persons per room) with shared bathrooms. A few of the participants may be housed locally in a separate apartment.
• Transportation: the workshop fee does not include transportation.
• Scenes: you will receive your scene selection a week before the workshop begins so that you can consider the wardrobe and props you may wish to bring along
• Scene partners: as with all IT New York workshops, a collaborative spirit among scene partners is essential in making this a rewarding experience for everyone
• Raw footage: if you wish to take home a copy of your scene footage, please bring your own hard drive with a minimum of half a terabyte of storage. Video footage takes up space! If you have a laptop, try to bring this as well
• Language: the workshop will be conducted in English. However, our team is available for French, Spanish and German translation
Plan your attendance soon! Space is limited, so participants will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis. A non-refundable deposit of 200 Euro and a completed form is required to secure your registration. For all transactions, we will send you a confirmation email. Please understand that any refunds are no longer available after booking, unless you can find someone to fill your space. If interested, we will send you the registration form with bank details via email
July 15 2019
Number of participants 20