After years of being asked about a screen acting workshop, we are proud to finally announce a very special event taking place at a charming farmstead in the Netherlands this June. The time has come to present our inaugural all-inclusive total-immersion on-camera workshop. Headed by IT New York founders Robert Castle and Alejandra Orozco, we will also be joined by award-winning filmmaker Kirsten Russell from New York and globally-active producer Jay Mohnen from Los Angeles. As an added benefit, we have invited the professional Cordon Bleu chef, DarkoRamljak, who will be cooking healthy and seasonal dishes for the participants every day. Together, we wish to offer the most intensive, comprehensive, and rewarding experience in screen-acting workshops available today.
During your stay, you will be collaborating with one scene partner on a scene chosen especially for you. This will be rehearsed and filmed throughout your workshop training. Guided by award-winning directors and actors Robert Castle and Alejandra Orozco, and by our team of filmmakers, who will share their expertise and techniques for screen acting, you will fine-tune your skills in front of the camera, learn to cope with the challenges of acting on set, and get familiar with the workings of a professional film crew. Remaining emotionally pure and open in your work has always been the goal of the IT New York training method, even under the stresses of a shoot. Throughout this workshop, these skills will be developed and tested, closely simulating the experience of acting for contemporary film or television projects. The raw footage will be screened at the end of each day and will be used for training purposes during the workshop. Naturally, all participants will have the option to keep a copy of their own scene footage to include in their acting reels.
The 300-year-old farmstead in the village of Partij offers comfortable double rooms in an idyllic country setting. Lovingly prepared by our chef, the meals will be served in the common dining area, converted from the original stables. On warm evenings, we will dine outside by the baking house, where bread was once made for the nearby castle. The artist studio located in the same structure will be used as our main workshop space, and much of the filming will take place there. Several local bars and restaurants are within walking distance and you can also enjoy long strolls in the surrounding countryside. For a longer day-trip before or after the workshop, we suggest the beautiful medieval town of Maastricht, located about 30-minutes away from the village of Partij. We are sure you will be inspired not only by the film work but also by the location of this very special workshop!
INFORMATION IN BRIEF
• Dates: arrival on June 20th, 2018 and departure by noon on June 30th, 2018
• Workshop duration: 10 nights, 9 full days (with one day off to work with your scene partner)
• Workshop fee: 1,970 Euro, all-inclusive room and board. This fee is a one-time special offer for the 2018 inaugural workshop
• Maximum number of participants: 16 (see registration details below)
• Location: a cozy farmstead in the village of Partij in Limburg, The Netherlands, close to the Belgian and German borders
• Meals: the workshop fee includes full room and board (accommodations plus breakfast, lunch, dinner). Please contact us if you have questions about special dietary needs. These should also be mentioned in the registration form
• Accommodations: participants will be housed in the farmstead in double rooms (two persons per room) with shared bathrooms. A few of the participants may be housed locally in a separate apartment within a short walk from the homestead.
• Transportation: the workshop fee does not include transportation to the village of Partij, however we can arrange for local pickups, if needed. For a map, enter “Partij, Wittem, Limburg, The Netherlands” in your search engine
• Scenes: you will receive your scene selection a week before the workshop begins so that you can consider the wardrobe and props you may wish to bring along
• Scene partners: as with all IT New York workshops, a collaborative spirit among scene partners is essential in making this a rewarding experience for everyone
• Raw footage: if you wish to take home a copy of your scene footage, please bring your own hard drive with a minimum of half a terabyte of storage. Video footage takes up space! If you have a laptop, try to bring this as well
• Language: the workshop will be conducted in English. However, our team is available for limited French and German translation
Nine Days Intensive on Location
All-inclusive room and board
Workshop duration: 10 nights, 9 full days (with one day off to work with your scene partner)
Price: 1970 €